The Cal Answers team just released the new Multiple Majors dashboard to help you answer questions such as:
- What percentage of undergraduate students campus-wide and in a given major are single, double, or triple majors? Has that changed over time?
- Which programs have the highest number and percentage of multiple majors?
- For double, triple, and quadruple majors in my program, what are their other majors?
- What are the most common major combinations? Which multiple major combinations across the campus are clustered together?
Innovative data visualizations provide additional insight into these questions. The new data can help academic units to have a better understanding of the curricular and advising needs of their students, as well as suggest possible areas of collaboration between units that share a large number of multiple majors.
What Cal Answers users are saying:
- “This reporting functionality in Cal Answers is amazing and useful.” – Patrick Allen, Director of Student Services, Department of Economics
- “This is *incredibly* useful and saves us so much time. The basic dashboard gave me information that took me many hours to compile in the past (and additional info that I couldn’t get at all).” – Christopher Hunn, Director of Undergraduate Instruction, Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences
Do you have a Cal Answers That! story to share with the campus on how you have used Cal Answers to support data driven decision making in your Unit? Send your story to email@example.com and we will contact you about creating a Wisdom Café article.