Summer is here, and NOW 2018 – the Staff Career Development Conference – is around the corner. But support exists on campus year-round for developing skills and perspectives for cultivating your career. The next set of career development workshops is scheduled and open for registration. Topics span career-planning, identifying strengths that underpin both enjoyment and effectiveness at work; and effectively communicating those strengths. The workshop dates (beginning late July) are planned to offer ongoing resources to all staff, whether or not they’re able to attend this year’s NOW conference.
For workshop descriptions, visit: https://hr.berkeley.edu/development/career-development/workshops, or view the attached. To register, visit the UC Learning Center by following these steps:
- Go to http://blu.berkeley.edu
- Login using your Calnet I.D.
- Select UC Learning Center in the Self Service section.
- Career development workshops are included in the LIBRARY under “Professional Skills and Career Development”
- “Find a Course” by class code (BECAR###) to register in the workshop.You can also click the link at hr.berkeley.edu/careerworkshops
And have you visited My UC Career yet? It only takes a minute to create an account that gives you access to a range of career-development resources. The site includes tools on articulating your skills, fine-tuning your resume, cultivating your professional network, and even practicing interviewing skills. There’s more too.
Questions? Contact Terrie Moore at 510-664-5068.
To download the PDF version of the workshops, click here.
To access the My UC Careers FAQ PDF, click here.