Our planning team of staff and students are very excited to offer an UndocuAlly Training at UC Berkeley. “UndocuAlly” is a term that the planning team adopted to refer to allies for our undocumented students at Cal.
This will be a 5-hour training that is offered twice this semester. Going forward, the training will be offered at least once a semester.
Some of you are already very involved with our undocumented student support services, while others may be new to topics that will be discussed. All are welcome to apply.
Training Details (you must be able to attend ONE 5-hour training:
– Tuesday, April 17th from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, OR
– Tuesday, April 24th from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
In order to best support our student community, we will be giving preference to staff that are in departments that have not yet had representation in the UndocuAlly Training. Therefore, we are accepting applications (and not registration on a first-come-first-served basis) for this training. And to ensure the quality of the training, we will limit the attendance to 25 spots. Please complete the short application to be considered for a spot in the training.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS 12:00 pm, Wednesday, April 4th
All applicants will be notified of their admissions status by Monday, April 9th
There is no cost to this training
The Training will offer:
- Overview of history, laws, and policies affecting undocumented youth
- Review statistics on the undocumented student body population at UCB
- Give information about resources for undocumented students on campus
- Reveal the lived experiences of undocumented youth on campus and in the community at large
- Discuss what it means to be an ally and how to become an ally to undocumented students
- Experience the opportunity to connect with other UCB staff to share ideas on supporting undocumented youth
- An UndocuAlly sticker will be given to all staff that complete the training and agree to serve as allies on campus.
Are you unable to make the training, or want to learn more about the Undocumented Student Program on campus? Check out the Undocumented Student Program website: http://undocu.berkeley.edu/